How to Be Beautiful
Everybody wants to seem lovely and we all can. A few easy
to do beauty tips will assist you in altering your looks and
your lives - but remember you can be nothing without confidence
- and yes, it is all about inner beauty at the conclusion
of the day
Our skin (especially on our face) is a constant source of
stress for most women, for most of our lives. The soft texture
of baby skin disappears long before we can even begin to appreciate
it. As teenagers, we have typical teenage skin problems like
acne and by the time we overcome all those problems, we suddenly
start to face aging!
Though a lot of skin problems can be blamed on genetics,
with the kind of products available and treatments available
today, correcting skin problems is very possible.
- The most important way to maintain your skin is to clean,
moisturize and protect your skin on a daily basis.
- Daily cleansing, (more than once a day depending on your
routine) is of vital importance. If you are always on the
go it is advisable to carry wet towels or an astringent
with you, even if it means re-applying your make-up.
- If you have oily skin, splash your face with water a couple
of times during the day and use oil-free cleansers and toners.
- Use waterproof sun block every day to protect your skin
from the suns rays.
- Use a moisturizer (on your body as well) at least once
a day. You can use an oil-free moisturizer if you have an
oily skin, but a moisturizer is a must.
- Before applying or reapplying make-up make sure, your
skin is absolutely clean (this will help preventing blocked
- Make sure your skin is devoid of all make-up before you
sleep. The skin repairs itself while you sleep and you don't
want blocked pores.
No matter how much effort, time or money you spend on the
perfect hair cut or a color job, nothing is more attractive
than a head of healthy hair. For healthy , shiny hair, you
- Eat healthy - fresh vegetables, salads, fruits and fish.
- Avoid cigarettes
- Take vitamin supplements - Vitamin B, C and E
- Wash your hair regularly - be gentle, use a mild shampoo
and scrub with the pad of your fingers
- Condition your hair regularly
- Get a cut to complement your face, body, hair texture
and lifestyle. Spend time deciding your cut - consult
your hair dresser and be confident and comfortable before
you get your cut.
- If you decide to color you hair, think about the colors
you wear and are comfortable with. Remember to use color-specific
shampoos and to do regular protein treatments.
Make Up Tips
According to US make-up artist Kevin Artist, "Make-up
should blend with the color of the neck, not the face."
These days some companies hand out samples for trial - it
is always helpful to take the sample home and try the foundation
for a few days - that way you will know how you feel with
it before buying the full size. Applying foundation with a
sponge, brush or your fingers is an individual decision and
should be done with whatever is most comfortable for you,
but these are few ground rules you can work with.
How to apply makeup:
- Foundation in a compact is best applied with a sponge
(use the one that came with the compact)
- Creme and liquid foundations are best applied with your
fingertips. Spot and smudge. The other option is wedge shaped
- Mousse foundation is best applied with a soft flat
sponge or with your fingertips.
- Loose powder foundation is best applied with a big
- To dilute foundation or for lighter coverage, you could
dampen the applicator before dipping into the foundation
- A foundation works best with a good concealer - make
sure your concealer matches you skin tone perfectly. It
is best to dab on your concealer (lightly) after applying
your foundation. That way the foundation will not wipe
off the concealer. You could apply a translucent powder
after - to conceal the concealer!
The best reason to buy a lipstick is to make you feel better,
to help enhance your mood and to just add that special boost
to your life. Lipstick can provide a subtle or dramatic change
to your natural look, and will always make you feel different,
like hair color, for instance.
The worst reason to buy a lipstick is because you think it's
a beautiful color or because it is the latest rage. The color
you choose should suit your complement your skin tone, you
hair color and your eyes - not change them!
Lipsticks are available in four basic textures: Glossy, sheer,
creamy and matte.
Before applying any lipstick, make sure that your lips are
>> Return to beauty tips home